Thursday, January 27, 2011

A True Gift

I have been doing a lot of reading on Faces of Loss it's an excellent website. And one of the stories I read was about a woman who started a fundraiser after losing her daughter. One of the prizes at one of her fundraisers was a 4D ultrasound. This story is amazing.....

"Teresa's pregnancy went by without circumstance.  At thirty weeks, she was debating using the 4D ultrasound they had won, or perhaps giving it to other friends of ours who hadn't been able find out the gender of their child.  She decided to use it and came straight to my house to show me pictures of her beautiful son right after.  In conversation, she casually mentioned that the technician had expressed concern at the possibility of seeing an issue with the baby's heart.  Having the experience that I had, I was adamant about Teresa following up with her regular doctor.  After extensive testing and ultrasounds, they did indeed find that there was a heart defect and a plan was made for the baby's birth and after care. "
The quote was taken directly from her story which you can read on the main page of the link I posted. Just scroll down until you see where it says "Story of HOPE".

Since Xander's passing I just felt this need that it happened to me that way I can help other Mom's during this time. Stillborns aren't really something that people talk about. But the more I bring up my story the more I hear other people's. And it is horrible. I think it really hit me the first time we went to the cemetery and I saw all of the baby headstones. It's tragic. No one should ever have to bury or in our case cremate, their child. Let alone their baby.

Reading the story about Scarlette Rose and how her mother chose to deal with things realized that is what I want to do. I want to start something like that in my area. I want to help other women but more specifically in time of loss. I want to help raise money to pay other people's hospital bills because that is something that really pisses me off. I didn't bring home my son so why should I have to pay? Aren't I suffering enough? I dread the day the bills will start flowing in...and I plan to fight all of them. So maybe not even raise money to help pay bills but find ways to help FIGHT them.

I talked to my Mom about starting a fundraiser and she is going to help me. Honestly I have no idea where to start. But she used to do fundraisers so I can't wait to get this started! It is just another one of Xander's Gifts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment