Monday, October 1, 2012

It's October: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month

Today is October first. This marks the beginning of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. Having Eli, my mind is constantly busy. It's at the end of the day when Xander is on my mind the most. But October, knowing that there's a whole month dedicated to remember Xander and many others like him, it's all I can think of. Sometimes Xander feels like a dream. My whole pregnancy seems like it only lasted a day but when I was pregnant with him it felt like eternity.

Xander died because the placenta tore away from the uterus. Also known as placental abruption. Placental abruption causes 10-20 percent of stillbirths. But only one percent of pregnancies that are diagnosed with abruption end in stillbirth. I never thought I'd be that one percent. I can still remember all of the doctors assuring me that Xander would make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment